Members of the Arkansas Association for Food Protection display the affiliate's charter that was presented during a conference of the International Association for Food Protection in Grapevine, Texas. From left are Mike Sostrin of Wal-Mart Stores, Hillary Hagan of Tyson Foods, Michael Johnson of the University of Arkansas, Steven Ricke of the University of Arkansas, Scott Stillwell of Tyson Foods and John Marcy of the University of Arkansas.
See the details of what happened at the 2013 AAFP educational conference
Contribute to the Michael G. Johnson Endowed Fund in Food Science
AAFP has established the Michael G. Johnson Endowed Fund in Food Science at the University of Arkansas in honor of Dr. Michael G. Johnson, emeritus professor of food science. Donors may give to fund online by following these steps:
1. Go to the UA Office of Development online donor site at https://onlinegiving.uark.edu
2. Complete the online donation form. At the drop-down menu for "About My Gift," select the line for "Other Department or Program."
3. In the box for "Other Department or Program," type in "Michael Johnson Endowed Fund in Food Science." Type your donation in the "Gift Amount" box.
4. After completing the information in the "About Me," "About My Spouse" and "About My Employer" categories, go to the "For Memorial/Honorary Gift" category. Under the choice of "This gift is being made:" select "In honor of" and type "Michael Johnson" on the box.
5. Leave blank the line for "Who should we notify of this gift?" The UA Office of Development will notify Dr. Johnson of donations to the fund.
6. Proceed with the credit card donation procedures.
To discuss major contributions, contact Blake Bard, director of development for the UA Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences, at email@example.com or 479-575-2270.